Joseph T. Svete
I entered law school at Chase Law School in Cincinnati, Ohio while maintaining a full-time job as an industrial engineer at Armco Steel Corporation. Due to a job transfer, I finished my last two years of night law school at Cleveland Marshall Law School, graduating and passing the bar exam in 1964.
In 1971 I started my own law firm , Joseph T. Svete Co., LPA, and thereafter, David McGee became a principal of Svete & McGee Co., LPA.
Consistent with the philosophy that the practice of law is a profession, dedicating a portion of ones time in professional, charitable and community activities, is an important part of being a good lawyer.
In professional activities, I was elected the Ohio State Bar Association President in (1988-1989), Geauga County Bar Association President 1974-1976, past President of the Geauga County Law Library Association and a member of the Ohio Supreme Court Board of Commissioners on Grievances and Discipline.
Charitable activities include:
- Past President of the American Cancer Society
- Past Chairman of the Chardon Township Zoning Commission
- Past Chairman of the Geauga County Pollution Advisory Board
- Trustee and secretary of the Board of Trustee of Lake Erie College
In business leadership roles:
- Chairman of the Board, Lake National Bank
- Vice Chairmen of the Ohio Bar Liability Insurance
- Past board member of Great Lakes Bank